This blog entry is for an exercise/assignment I was supposed to present at a class I had to miss this last week due to being sick. My goal is to share with you a 3-minute breakdown of who I am, and what my strengths and spiritual giftings say about me.
My Top 5 Strengths are:
1. Strategic - The way that I see the world looks a lot like a mix-master. Lanes quickly interchanging, and exit signs flying past me as I spot traffic patterns and advantages that will advance me towards my end goal most efficiently and effectively. (Strategic Thinking Strength)
2. Responsibility - Having a strength in responsibility is both beneficial and at times debilitating, all depending on whether I am working in the truth or counterfeit of this strength. The strength of responsibility sharpens my other four strengths. It heightens my awareness to the task at hand and also encourages me to only take on the responsibility that I am able to handle. (Executing Strength)
3. Maximizer - The maximizer in me is what fuels my desire to operate at a level of excellence. This strengths is often confused for it's counterfeit, which is perfectionism. The great thing about honing this strength is that when you learn to wield it for it's true purpose it propels you forward towards serving others in excellence. I have found that learning the truth about the Maximizer strength has uncovered the lie that one can never be content. In truth it has taught me what it truly means, and looks like, to rest. (Influencing Strength)
4. Communication - I love this strength and the beauty that it invites into my world. It fosters deeper relationships with my family, my friends, and even complete strangers. I have not always been a great communicator, and I know I still have room to grow. BUT, words. Words are beautiful, fun, exciting, and when constructed purposefully and with great intention can deliver love, freedom, and breed some of the deepest connections. (Influencing Strength)
5. Adaptability - I have always believed that I was the most non-spontaneous person on earth. I love to plan and organize. So, naturally, when I scored high in adaptability I was a little surprised. The more that I have read about this particular strength the more I come to see the glimpses of it in my life and even more recognize how much I do operate in it. Adaptability, means I am a "Go with the flow" type person. I believe this strength aids to balance the 4 strengths that I scored higher in. It also strengthens my ability to navigate the world with intention and order. (Relationship Building Strength)
(Okay, so I realize, at this point, I have probably pressed beyond the 3-minute goal.)
Next, I will cover my top 5 Spiritual Gifts Survey results:
1. Mercy (20) - The gifting of empathy. I am able to identify with others, a great listener, and easy to talk to. This gifting compliments my love for communication.
2. Shepherding (19) - Shepherd; Pastor, a "Jack of all and master of one". "A Spirit-given capacity and desire to serve God by overseeing, training, and caring for the needs of a group." (Spiritual Gifts Test (results)). I enjoy being a part of a team and facilitating. Helping to point women (people) towards growth in their God given identity and worth.
3. Administration - This gifting is fun. It is the part of me that "steps up." It is complimented by many of my strengths, including Maximizing. Organization and planning are some of my favorite things.
4. Teaching (16) - I LOVE TO TEACH!!!
5. Exhortation (16) - The Encourager; I am a "Love-Girl". I love to love people. I believe our greatest purpose is to love others.
My Love Languages:
1. Receiving Gifts
2. Words of Affirmation
3. Quality Time
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch
A few of my favorite life verses are:
Isaiah 49:16 - He sees me.
Jeremiah 29:11 - He has a plan for me.
Psalm 139 - He knows me.
Isaiah 40:31 - I will wait on Him.
Psalm 23 - He is with me.
Considering all this, I think it is important to remember to not look for ourselves within the scores of these test. Instead, find yourself, discover who you are by talking to the Lord about who He says you are and then in doing so see how these traits arise from the threads that string you together. After all, we are His masterpiece. Who better to consult than the creator Himself, who designed you with forethought and purpose.
If you stumbled upon this blog post and have taken your Strengths Finder, Spiritual Gifts, and or your Love Languages test, I would love to have some open dialogue about how you feel you have benefited, grown, or gained some added insight or understanding into who you are or how you experience other or they experience you. Has it changed the way you approach situations?
"Creative Design, photography and writing are an art that spills out from the heart and take on a tangible shape that you can treasure for a lifetime."